Product Tours HelpThese Product Tours are just a structured sequence of web pages. Click the ► button to step through them.
- The navigation buttons have the following functions:
- |◄ takes you back to the beginning of the current tour
- ◄ is the same as your browser back button
- ▲ takes you up a level in the hierarchy
- ► steps forward to the next page
- The drop-lists give another way of accessing the same pages
- shows and hides a map of the structure of the tour with links to each page.
- expands the tour into its own window (only visible when embedded in another page.)
PSA Series Tour Map
PSA Series Telescopic Antenna
Wideband Telescopic Antenna - Optional AccessoryThis antenna is intended for general purpose applications where absolute measurements of field strength are not required.
The antenna is a high quality unit with a knuckle joint hinge terminating with a BNC connector. Adaptors are provided for direct connection to both Series 2 and Series 5 spectrum analyzers.
The length is adjustable between 12cm and 55cm. The useful bandwidth is specified by the manufacturer as 30MHz to 2GHz.
Order Code: PSA-AN2
Note: This antenna is not suitable for making absolute measurements of field strength, however it can be very useful for determining the frequency of RF sources and for making relative measurements of amplitude (e.g. to determine the effect of a modification on the amount of signal radiated at particular frequencies)
For absolute measurement of amplitude at a specific frequency, a calibrated antenna will be needed.
For accurate field strength measurements over a wide frequency range, a set of calibrated field probes will be needed. These are available from specialist suppliers.