Product Tours HelpThese Product Tours are just a structured sequence of web pages. Click the ► button to step through them.
- The navigation buttons have the following functions:
- |◄ takes you back to the beginning of the current tour
- ◄ is the same as your browser back button
- ▲ takes you up a level in the hierarchy
- ► steps forward to the next page
- The drop-lists give another way of accessing the same pages
- shows and hides a map of the structure of the tour with links to each page.
- expands the tour into its own window (only visible when embedded in another page.)
PSA Series Tour Map
PSA Series 5 Feature: Scan Mode
High Resolution Scan ModeThe normal sweep mode of the analyzer collects and displays 271 points of data across the span. In Auto RBW mode the resolution bandwidth will be set to be appropriate for this number of points.
There are circumstances where it may be useful to observe a span at much higher resolution than is possible using a normal sweep.
Scan Mode* is an entirely different mode of operation in which a narrow RBW can be set resulting in a much higher number of data points being collected - up to 210,000 points.
This data is written to a file, the contents of which are displayed in a compressed form. Pan and zoom functions allow any part of the scan to be analyzed in detail right down to one pixel per point.
Scan files can be saved in a similar way to trace files, and exported as CSV data for use with PSA Manager or other third party analysis programs.
*The Scan Mode function requires option U02.